這一切的。”
for, of course, you do not mean to tell me all this for nothing.”
“不,” 巫婆說;
“No,” said the witch;
“但是我不要一個便士。
“but I do not ask for a single penny.
只要答應給我帶一箇舊打火匣來,上次我祖母下去的時候把它落在那兒了。”
only promise to bring me an old tinder - box, which my grandmother left behind the last time she went down there.”
“很好;
“Very well;
“我答應。
I promise.
現在把繩子系在我身上吧。”
Now tie the rope round my body.”
“給你繩子,” 巫婆回答道;
“here it is,” replied the witch;
“這是我的藍格子圍裙。”
“and here is my blue checked apron.”
繩子一系好,士兵就爬上樹,從樹洞裡下到下面的地面;
As soon as the rope was tied, the soldier climbed up the tree, and let himself down through the hollow to the ground beneath;
在這裡,正如巫婆告訴他的那樣,他發現了一個大廳,裡面幾百盞燈都亮著。
and here he found, as the witch had told him, a large hall, in which many hundred lamps were all burning.
然後他開啟了第一扇門。
then he opened the first door.
“啊!” 那裡坐著一隻狗,眼睛有茶杯那麼大,正盯著他看。
“Ah!” there sat the dog, with the eyes as large as teacups, staring at him.
“你是個漂亮的傢伙,” 士兵說著,抓住它,把它放在巫婆的圍裙上,同時把口袋從箱子裡裝得滿滿的。
“You’re a pretty fellow,” said the soldier, seizing him, and placing him on the witch’s apron, while he filled his pockets from the chest with as many pieces as they would hold.
然後他蓋上蓋子,又讓狗坐在上面,走進了另一個房間。果然,那裡坐著一隻眼睛有磨坊輪子那麼大的狗。
then he closed the lid, seated the dog upon it again, and walked into another chamber, And, sure e