dog seated, with a pair of eyes as large as teacups.
但是你根本不必害怕它;
but you need not be at all afraid of him;
我會給你我的藍格子圍裙,你必須把它鋪在地板上,然後大膽地抓住狗,把它放在圍裙上。
I will give you my blue checked apron, which you must spread upon the floor, and then boldly seize hold of the dog, and place him upon it.
然後你就可以開啟箱子,從裡面拿走你想要的那麼多便士,它們只是銅幣;
You can then open the chest, and take from it as many pence as you please, they are only copper pence;
但是如果你想要銀幣,你就必須走進第二個房間。
but if you would rather have silver money, you must go into the second chamber.
在這裡你會看到另一隻狗,它的眼睛有磨坊的輪子那麼大;
here you will find another dog, with eyes as big as mill - wheels;
但是不要讓這個困擾你。
but do not let that trouble you.
把它放在我的圍裙上,然後拿走你想要的錢。
place him upon my apron, and then take what money you please.
然而,如果你最喜歡金子,就走進第三個房間,那裡有另一個裝滿金子的箱子。
If, however, you like gold best, enter the third chamber, where there is another chest full of it.
坐在這個箱子上的狗非常可怕;
the dog who sits on this chest is very dreadful;
它的眼睛有塔那麼大,但是不要在意它。
his eyes are as big as a tower, but do not mind him.
如果它也被放在我的圍裙上,它就不能傷害你,你就可以從箱子裡拿走你想要的金子。”
If he also is placed upon my apron, he cannot hurt you, and you may take from the chest what gold you will.”
“這是個不錯的故事,” 士兵說;
“this is not a bad story,” said the soldier;
“但是我要給你什麼呢,你這個老巫婆?
“but what am I to give you, you old witch?
因為,當然了,你不會打算白白告訴我