e really one.
她總是坐在我的腿上,或者裹著山羊皮趴在我背上;在我的夢裡她也總是會出現。
She was always sitting on my lap, or riding in the goat-skin on my back; and in my dreams she always appeared to me.
在這之後的兩個晚上,一些手持刀劍和火槍的人來到了我們的帳篷裡。
two nights after this, other men, armed with knives and muskets, came into our tent.
他們是阿爾巴尼亞人,我母親告訴我,他們都是勇敢的人。
they were Albanians, brave men, my mother told me.
他們只停留了很短的時間。
they only stayed a short time.
我的妹妹阿納斯塔西婭坐在他們其中一人的膝蓋上;等他們走了以後,她頭髮上的銀幣不是三枚,而是兩枚了 —— 有一枚不見了。
my sister Anastasia sat on the knee of one of them; and when they were gone, she had not three, but two silver coins in her hair — one had disappeared.
他們把菸草裹在紙條裡,然後抽起來;我記得他們對該走哪條路還不太確定。
they wrapped tobacco in strips of paper, and smoked it; and I remember they were uncertain as to the road they ought to take.
但他們最終還是得走,我父親就和他們一起去了。
but they were obliged to go at last, and my father went with them.
沒過多久,我們就聽到了槍聲。
Soon after, we heard the sound of firing.
槍聲一直響著,不一會兒,士兵們就衝進了我們的小屋,把我母親、我和阿納斯塔西婭都抓了起來當俘虜。
the noise continued, and presently soldiers rushed into our hut, and took my mother and myself and Anastasia prisoners.
他們宣稱我們窩藏了強盜,說我父親還為強盜們當嚮導,所以我們現在必須跟他們走。
they declared that we had entertained robbers, and that my father had acted as their guide, and therefore we must now go with them.
強盜們的屍體,還有我父親的屍體,都被抬進了小屋。
the corpses of the robbers, and my father’s corpse, wer